Here is a Crocheted Coaster I made out of kitchen cotton yarn.
For the yarn I used Martha Stewart cotton hemp yarn in the color Peacock.
Crocheted Coaster Pattern
Crochet hook - size I - 5 1/2mm
Yarn used - Martha Stewart Crafts cotton hemp
Color yarn - Peacock
sl st - slip stitch
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet
sts - stitches
1) Chain 5, sl st to join to make circle, ch 1
2) sc 7 times in ring, ch 1
3) sc 2 times in each st, ch 2
4) hdc 2 times in each st, ch 2
5) *dc 2 in next 2 sts, dc 1 in next st* - repeat all the way around
Note: If it is starting to get too bunched up, drop a stitch by only 1 in each st, instead of 2. (Try and make it lay flat).
This is made in US terminology.
* These coasters can be made with any color yarn to go with the different holidays of the year!
I am on Twitter, Ravelry and Pinterest. My username is @brklynhousewife. Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin too! All of my crochet/knit creations and recipes are on my Pinterest Boards, so please have a look there also.
Thanks everyone and enjoy.