Hello blog friends. I hope you are all enjoying the week. I'm enjoying this mild winter we are having with hardly any snow! During the week I love making easy and delicious meals for dinner.
I recently made this dish of Beans and Rice, when it was requested by my teen and husband. This is such an easy, and economical meal to make for dinner. I'd love to share with you how easy this recipe is to make.
Below the beans are simmering away in the pot. I made this with brown rice, but you can use white rice or even egg noodles to go with this dish.
BEANS AND RICE RECIPE
Beans and Rice Recipe
This is an easy, delicious, and economical meal to make for dinner.
- 1-15.5 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1-15.5 oz. can black beans
- 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
1. In a large pot ad minced garlic tomato sauce, and chopped pepper. 2. Rinse both cans of beans and add them to the pot. 3. Add seasonings to pot and mix everything together. 4. Cook until everything starts to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. 5. Serve bean mixture on top of cooked rice.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This makes a great week night meal that tastes great, and can be ready to eat in minutes!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the end of the week and weekend. Jess and I will see you all back here on Monday for our Cooking and Crafting with J & J Link Up!