As some of you know I love makeup, and today I'd love to share with you some of my favorite summer makeup!
1) I love wearing bright pastel nail polish when summertime arrives. Lately I have been wearing different shades of light blue on my nails. I also like to wear white and a very light pink nail polish color. I also find it very relaxing painting my own nails and giving myself a manicure. Do you like painting your own nails? I wish I could do the same with my toenails, but I always get a pedicure at the salon about every two weeks. I also enjoy wearing bright pinks and coral colors for my toenails. The nail polish I'm wearing is by Essie and the color is Mint Candy Apple.
Do you have a favorite color you like wearing on your nails and feet?
2) I happen to be very fair skinned, so I decided to try out this product, Jergens Natural Glow when I saw a blog post done by my blogging friend, Ginnie from Hello Little Home. You can click HERE and read about this sunless tanning lotion post from Ginnie. I also saw a post done by blogging buddy AnnMarie from Musings of a Vintage Junkie and you can read her post HERE.
Well, I was so happy when I read these posts, that I went out and bought this sunless tanning product. It's been many years since I last used this sunless tanning lotion. It really worked great, and it gave my legs, arms, and even my face a nice even tan. What I liked most about this product, was that there wasn't any streaking and the smell of the lotion wasn't so bad. The price for this varies at different drug stores but ranges about $8 to $10.00. I hope you will give this product a try.
Thanks ladies for the recommendation!
3) I received this Make Up For Ever mascara sample from Sephora, since I had some points to use up. This mascara happens to be one of my favorites right now. It goes on nice without any clumps and makes my lashes look long. It's also easy to remove with makeup towelettes or any makeup remover you like to use. The next time I need mascara I will be purchasing this and it's about $24 at Sephora.
4) This Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is such a wonderful makeup product, but a really expensive one at $44 a tube. I was given a gift certificate to Bloomingdales for Christmas, and I decided to give this tinted moisturizer a try. I received a sample of this from Sephora and I loved it. I have also seen this all over Pinterest and it's a very popular tinted moisturizer. It had many great reviews and I can see why. I really love the way this goes on your face with a blending sponge and the color I used is Nude to go with my skin coloring. It's also lightweight and has an SPF 20 sunscreen.
I really liked this product, but I don't think I will be buying this again as it's so expensive! There are many other BB creams and tinted moisturizers out there that work well and do not cost so much.
5) This Creme Smooth Lip Colour in the color Lychee Parfait is by Laura Mercier and a beautiful lipstick. I picked out this lipstick also from Bloomingdales along with the tinted moisturizer. This lipstick goes on smooth and it's a long wearing formula that lasts for 6 to 8 hours. This lipstick is also a splurge product that costs $28.00 a tube. It looks really nice with a lip liner in a similar color to match the lipstick.
** This is not a sponsored post.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this fun post on some of my favorite summer makeup!
Do you have a favorite summer makeup product that you are enjoying? I'd love to know.
To see more of my makeup post you can click HERE!