I was inspired to make Eggnog Pancakes recently, when Gina who blogs at Kleinworth & Co. linked up this recipe to make them at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J Link Up.
This is what the pancakes looked like when I finished making them. This is the perfect pancake recipe to make for the holidays.
*** NOTE: I made a few adjustments to my recipe for the eggnog pancakes.
- Instead of using 4 cups of flour - I used Bisquick.
- Instead of using 3-1/2 cups of International Delight Egg Nog - I used Silk Almond Nog (Original).
- This recipe also uses 1/4 cup of canola oil (which I used) but I think if I make it again, I would leave it out of the recipe. I might try substituting the oil for applesauce.
- I added 1 chopped up banana to the recipe.
- I left out the nutmeg because I did not have any on hand.
*** CAUTION: This recipe makes a huge batch of the pancakes!! I made enough for three people to eat and a large batch to freeze.
The pancakes tasted so amazing and if you like eggnog than you will want to try making these pancakes.
What made it fun was that we had them for dinner. Have you ever made breakfast food for dinner? Well you should try it some time.
Note: All I have to do is take the eggnog pancakes out of the freezer on Christmas morning. Pop them in the microwave oven, and they are ready to go!
Thanks, I hope I have inspired you to make Eggnog Pancakes. Enjoy!!
Click HERE to see the great parties I will be linking up to!
Thanks everyone and Enjoy!