Here is a list of the rules that I need to follow as well as the 11 bloggers that I choose:
1) Post 11 random facts about yourself
2) Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you
3) Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link them in your post
4) Create 11 questions the nominated bloggers have to answer
5) Let the nominated bloggers know they were nominated
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning of Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about new bloggers/blogs.
11 Random Facts about Julie:
1) I love crocheting and knitting
2) I love cooking
3) I love coffee
4) I crochet and knit for charity at my church
5) My dog Bosco is a rescue dog
6) My Mom and Aunt Mary taught me how to knit
7) I love handbags
8) I hate going out in the rain
9) I love traveling
10) I love the beach
11) I had Lasik surgery on my eyes 15 years ago
11 Questions I have been Asked:
1) Where do you live? New York
2) What sports do you practice? I don't play sports, but I walk for a half hour each day.
3) How do you think you could help more in the community? I am involved in doing charity work for my church throughout the year crocheting and knitting for the poor and homeless and at our church fair.
4) What inspired you to blog? My daughter urged me to in 2012.
5) Do you cook? Yes, almost everyday.
6) Flats or high heels? Flats, but heels for an appropriate occasion.
7) What would you do to improve your blog? I'm constantly working to improve my blog.
8) Favorite food? Italian
9) Dream trip? Hawaii
10) Favorite celebrity? David Beckham
11) If you could help change the world, how would you start? By teaching children good values.
My 11 Nominated Blogs:
1) Life on Willie Mae Lane
2) Timeless Romantic Designs
3) Kati's Little Corner of the World
4) My Dogs My Garden and Mary
5) Beautrice Euphemie Vintage Cottage Style
6) Crafty Allie
7) September Violets
8) Finally Finishing
9) Over the Apple Tree
10) Summerhouse Cottage
11) Crochet and Crafting with Linda Dawn
11 Questions for the Chosen Bloggers:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) How did you pick your blog name?
3) What is your favorite hobby?
4) What is your favorite travel destination?
5) Do you cook?
6) Makeup or no makeup?
7) What is your favorite season of the year?
8) Who is your favorite celebrity?
9) What is your favorite food?
10) What is your favorite movie?
11) What is one word your friends would use to describe you?
I am on Google +, Twitter, Ravelry and Pinterest. My username is @brklynhousewife. Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin too! All of my crochet/knit creations and recipes are on my Pinterest Boards, so please have a look there also.
Thanks everyone and enjoy.