Thin Spaghetti with Peppers and Arugula
1 box Barilla Thin Spaghetti
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped (I added this to the recipe for extra flavor)
1 yellow bell pepper, cut in thin strips
1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (I added this to the recipe for extra flavor)
1 cup arugula, chopped (I didn't chop mine)
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil, and sauté onions, garlic and hot pepper flakes for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add peppers, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce.
5. Stir in arugula and top with cheese.
Note: Arugula is a dark green, peppery leaf that works well in salads or as a cooked green. It is available year-round, but is best when the weather is mild. Arugula is sold either by the bunch or as loose leaves (much like spinach). In general bunched arugula has larger leaves and loose-leaf arugula has smaller leaves.
* Arugula is also known in Europe as Rocket
I am on Twitter, Ravelry and Pinterest. My username is @brklynhousewife. Please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin too! All of my crochet/knit creations and recipes are on my Pinterest Boards, so please have a look there also.
Thanks everyone and enjoy.